The Purpose

The purpose of this blog is to encourage the family of Four Mile Church to eat God's word on a more regular basis; to be nourished and fortified. Mile markers help you to know how far you have come and how much further you have to go. God's word is like a mile marker. My prayer is that this simple blogg helps you to partake in God's word and prayer on a more regular basis.



Please share your insights and revelations if you think they may encourage another brother or sister in Christ.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day Two - Get Movitvated

Objective Decide on a word or a phrase that best moves you toward fulfilling your basic desire. The goal is not to create your own agenda but to move you in the direction of God's will that fits who He created you to be. While this exercise is about you. Its more about who you are in God.

Question What phrase,statement, or image can you use to guide you in the direction you want your life to take? (For example: "Faith like an anchor," "All things are possible with God," "No Fear."

Scripture Read 1 John 3:16-24; 4:7-21

Response What images or statements came to mind while reading these passages? Do they move you towards your basic disire? If music helps you to pray or listen to God let me suggest that you watch either Maker of the Universe or The Reunion by Phil Keaggy.

Prayer Sit quietly, and ask the Lord if your basic desire and motivating statement reflect His character and will. Give thanks for God's clarity.

Once you define your basic desire and motivating statement, share them with someone close to you or if you feel lead, share them here. Don't worry about trying to be original. Let God guide you.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm...my motivating statement is 'reflect'...and then i read down further, and you direct me to ask the Lord if my basic desire and motivating statement 'reflects His character and will'! wow! i am thanking God for clarity right now! again...this is not, and will not, be easy. it is a constant struggle for me. but it IS my desire to reflect Him more...and me, less. one of my favorite verses is John 3:30..'HE must become greater; i must become less'. amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God. My motivating statement is 2 Tim. 1:7 - I do not have a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind. My basic desire is to be fully surrendered and to live without fear.

    ReplyDelete